This past Saturday we held an “All Church Visioning Retreat.” Thank you to all who attended and brought breakfast for us to share around the communion table. We spent important time together remembering our history as a church, and reflecting on where God is leading us for the future. Below are the 5 questions we spent time in reflection about, and then shared our stories aloud.
1) What has been your best moment in our church community?
2) If next Sunday were to be your first Sunday at Cathedral of Hope, what would you hope that you would experience from the moment you walked in the doors, till the moment you returned home?
3) What does “being the church” mean to you?
4) Our mission is “to empower all people to experience the presence of God, to grow toward wholeness, and to act in love.” In what ways do you see us carry this out?
5) In two years from now, what ministry to do you dream we will have accomplished with God’s guidance and empowerment?
All of our questions led up to the final one about what ministry do we dream we will have accomplished with God’s guidance and empowerment. Several dreamed that we would be able to partner more with other non-profits in the future. There was a sizable amount of energy regarding engaging in ministry with LGBT youth who are experiencing homelessness. In the next few months, I would like for us to continue getting to know the mission and work of SISU which who runs a clothing closet out of Open Arms every Saturday from 10am-3pm. Please make yourself familiar with their website (sisuyouth.org), and let me know if you’d be interested in volunteering in the clothes closet!
Please continue to keep our church in your prayers, and be open to the places where God might be leading us in the future.
Blessings and Peace,
Pastor Kayla Bonewell